At VITRO, We Steal Share. We impact commerce through well-crafted ideas, and we’ve been doing it for more than 21 years. Working at an agency old enough to drink has its advantages – namely, that we know exactly what we’re here to do, which is to create change. We change consumer perceptions, change customer behavior, and change culture at large. Because, by doing so, we change our clients’ businesses and their place in the market.
We are looking for an EDITOR who can be much more than an editor.
We’re searching for a leader, a teacher, a storyteller, a builder.
And yes, a kick-butt editor.
A creative who equally enjoys working independently or collaborating with other creatives.
A juggler who gets a thrill from shifting from one assignment or style to another.
A passionate soul who looks forward to trying to do the best work of their life.
Someone who is organized and a self-starter.
Someone who has a good sense of humor because we laugh at ourselves, a lot.
A person who wants to be surrounded by some of the smartest, most talented creatives in Southern California.
And a fair number of our dog friends, too.
Tech skills will be a must, along with a solid understanding of offline and online editing.
Now for the oh-so-important details. Our editor should be:
• Comfortable handling video from a wide variety of sources.
• Have a reliable workflow for post-production and motion design. Able to provide organized working files to various vendors for finishing.
• Able to confidently execute (or manage) color correction and mix and be able to deliver final high-res broadcast files.
• Fluent in the spectrum of video compression and audio codecs, color spaces, bitrates, frame rates and aspect ratios in a constantly changing medium.
• Comfortable delivering files in any size and format for optimal quality on any platform.
• An expert in all editing software including Adobe Suite, Premiere, Final Cut, Avid, and After Effects (along with numerous plugins and scripts).
• A rock star when it comes to track mattes, alpha channels and effects. Rock-solid in illustrator and Photoshop for broadcast video.
• Able to handle audio sweetening and editing with Audition.
• Knowledgeable about camera and audio tech.
Don’t you want an opportunity to help build a well-oiled production machine, working with staff producers, overseeing shooting where needed, and owning all aspects of editorial?
Are you able to take and give direction to execute the best possible creative for any budget?
A voracious consumer of all media and music, with an uncanny knowledge of how music works in an edit?
If so, then we’d love to talk.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.