At VITRO, We Steal Share. We impact commerce through well-crafted ideas, and we’ve been doing it for more than 21 years. Working at an agency old enough to drink has its advantages – namely, that we know exactly what we’re here to do, which is to create change. We change consumer perceptions, change customer behavior, and change culture at large. Because, by doing so, we change our clients’ businesses and their place in the market.
VITRO was founded in sunny San Diego, and maybe growing up so close to the ocean has helped us maintain a certain vibe and culture. We believe in having fun, because perpetual optimism is a force multiplier. We believe in courage, because true creativity isn’t afraid to stand up and be counted. And we believe in integrity, because building trust creates high performing teams. And, while it’s possible to fail by yourself, success requires teamwork.
The Director of Stategy leads the integrated insights and strategic planning group in the pursuit of uncovering insights that inspire creative leaders and business opportunities that inspire CMOs.
Orchestrate all brand planning, strategic planning and analytical activity for all accounts within the agency. Ensure all deliverables required from the group, internally and externally, are met in an efficient and timely manner. Identify opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to client business.
Actively support new business activity where required.
Collaborate with senior clients and give them deeper insights into the dynamics of their business through the development of disciplined and thorough sales, marketing, and consumer analyses.
Continue to develop and implement standardized strategic planning tools to foster consistency over time and across projects. Complete this within the agency’s planning process but enhance the process through specific planning tools as well as syndicated or proprietary databases that enhance the level of thinking and insight injected into the entire process.
- Proven leadership abilities
- Minimum of 10+ year’s of experience in planning, strategic planning and related communications experience;
- Marketing/advertising background and strong analytical capabilities a must;
- Ability to think creatively and evidence of success in developing brands and delivering them to market;
- History of inspiring and influencing others, previous management experience of multiple direct reports;
- Possess a positive attitude. Able to build effective relationships with colleagues, clients and suppliers. Team player. Listens and shows respect for other points of view;
- Committed to both company and self-improvement
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral. presentation
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.