We’re VITRO with offices in San Diego and Austin.
We impact commerce through well-crafted ideas, and we’ve been doing it for more than 29 years. Working at an agency old enough to drink has its advantages – namely, that we know exactly what we’re here to do, which is to create change. We change consumer perceptions, change customer behavior, and change culture at large. Because, by doing so, we change our clients’ businesses and their place in the market.
VITRO was founded in sunny San Diego, and maybe growing up so close to the ocean has helped us maintain a certain vibe and culture. We believe in having fun because perpetual optimism is a force multiplier. We believe in courage because true creativity isn’t afraid to stand up and be counted. And we believe in integrity because building trust creates high performing teams. And, while it’s possible to fail by yourself, success requires teamwork.
The Social Team is one of the fastest-growing teams at the agency. Part think tank, part creative production, the team is looked to by peers and clients to be the eyes, ears, and hands within the social media landscape. How will you know if you’re a fit? You’ll know you’re a fit if you love advertising and love social media. You know what has been trending on TikTok but also know how that differs from what is trending on Twitter. You’ll love to create and build and be part of pop and digital culture. You have that can-do spirit, love to collaborate with a team, and exercise the principles of Radical Candor to get the job done.
Reporting directly to the Director of Social Media, the ideal Social Media Manager will be strong across all skills – think a superstar who can shift between left brain and right brain. Part strategist, part project manager, and part community manager, the Social Media Manager will be looked to for their insight about the social media space. The team will look to them for knowing the state of the social space. They’ll also get to roll up their sleeves and engage with communities and work with the team on creating content that resonates with them.
What will you be working on?
– Social Strategy (10%) – you’ll bring your smarts to the team and our clients on creating and bringing ideas to life. You’ll act as a part of a voice for platforms and what is happening on them, and where opportunities to act/engage/create are. You see and think of creative as ideas-first, and know-how to shape them across each platform.
– Project Management (15%) – if the team leader is the director and acts like a symphony conductor, the Social Media Manager will be the drums section; helping set the rhythms and cadence for strategies and content. You’ll have a natural talent for keeping things organized, up-to-date, and an eye for detail to match.
– Content Development (20%) – you’ll have a hand in collaborating with the broader team to make content. You’ll have the opportunity to weigh in and ensure content is developing from a platform-first approach.
– Community Management (35%) – you’ll have the confidence and care to engage with communities on behalf of our clients and their brands. You’ll know how to craft copy on the fly when needed. You’ll see where opportunities lie (or times of concern) and when to flag them to the team.
– Analytics & Reporting (20%) – an ideal candidate will be comfortable with the numbers. You’ll know the basics of social reporting and can make numbers if in a pinch. You have the basics of measuring owned and earned social and be comfortable telling stories with the data. You’ll also know how to read data, derive insights, and work them into the creative process.
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Business, Marketing, or Journalism
- 3-5 years’ work experience, whether at an agency or working in-house at a brand
- Familiarity with social media dashboards and aggregators (e.g. Sprinklr, Sprout Social)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.