We’re VITRO with offices in San Diego and Austin.
We impact commerce through well-crafted ideas, and we’ve been doing it for more than 29 years. Working at an agency old enough to drink has its advantages – namely, that we know exactly what we’re here to do, which is to create change. We change consumer perceptions, change customer behavior, and change culture at large. Because, by doing so, we change our clients’ businesses and their place in the market.
VITRO was founded in sunny San Diego, and maybe growing up so close to the ocean has helped us maintain a certain vibe and culture. We believe in having fun because perpetual optimism is a force multiplier. We believe in courage because true creativity isn’t afraid to stand up and be counted. And we believe in integrity because building trust creates high performing teams. And, while it’s possible to fail by yourself, success requires teamwork.
The Social Team is one of the fastest-growing teams at the agency. Part think tank, part creative production, the team is looked to by peers and clients to be the eyes, ears, and hands within the social media landscape. How will you know if you’re a fit? You’ll know you’re a fit if you love advertising and love social media. You know what has been trending on TikTok but also know how that differs from what is trending on Twitter. You’ll love to create and build and be part of pop and digital culture. You have that can-do spirit, love to collaborate with a team, and exercise the principles of Radical Candor to get the job done.
We’re looking for a social media-focused copywriter to build the creative duo within the Social Media Team and Vitro. The ideal candidate will have a talent for ideas that resonate across the social media landscape. It isn’t only writing body copy for an Instagram post or a witty reply for something trending on Twitter. Yes, it is part of it, but think bigger! We’re looking for a copywriter who can come up with big ideas that can fit across any social platform – ideas that break through and connect with people.
What will you be working on?
– Social Strategy (10%) – you’ll have the knack to look at brand strategy and guidelines and apply them to specific platforms and content. You’ll connect the dots between objectives and translate them to vertical videos. You’ll contribute to team ideation sessions about taking concepts and concepts into social-first content ideas and series.
– Creative Strategy (25%) – you’ll help set the voice and tone for our clients’ brand across the social landscape and help figure out how it will differ between each platform. You’ll help bring the brand to life and influence the content we create.
– Content Development and Writing (65%) – you’ll help lead creative development and bring it to life. Content that is always-on and helps tap into emerging opportunities.
– Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work-related experience and knowledge
– Self-motivated, well organized, and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and
– Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe
Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.