VITRO | San Diego is looking for a seasoned senior designer to join their award-winning creative department. The role includes participating an integral part of a broader team in a multi-disciplinary mix of projects and accounts – including visual identities, packaging design, print collateral, digital communications and branded systems. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, working alongside creatives, planners, strategists, and project managers.
- Help develop design solutions that communicate, inform, and persuade an audience.
- Must be an effective project leader, a clear communicator and highly organized, very detail-oriented and able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Consult with and present to clients – mapping out campaign strategies and tactics, design ideas, and directions to meet client objectives.
- Provide limited vendor management and freelancer direction, project management (including budget recommendations), and supervising press checks when necessary.
- Interface with internal departments and management to establish and improve processes.
- Assist design director in supervising projects and campaigns as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, environmental graphic design, information design, communication design or similar
- 8+ years of experience after graduation in the advertising/design industry
- Strong illustration, typography, composition and information design skills
- Highly Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Keynote
- A firm understanding of photography, illustration and typography
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.