At VITRO, We Steal Share. We aren’t an agency as much as we are a gang of thieves. We’ve been helping our clients grow for over 28 years. We change consumer perceptions, change customer behavior, and change culture at large. Because, by doing so, we change our clients’ businesses and their place in the market.
We’re VITRO with offices in San Diego, Austin and Atlanta. We believe in having fun, because perpetual optimism is a force multiplier. We believe in courage, because true creativity isn’t afraid to stand up and be counted. And we believe in integrity, because building trust creates high performing teams. And, while it’s possible to fail by yourself, success requires teamwork.
VITRO is looking for a seasoned production artist with packaging experience. This position requires a full understanding of digital and print production processes. You will work on designs during the final stages of development to ensure accuracy and prepare files for print and/or digital executions. You will combine strong creative and technical skills to format various production jobs. And you will be responsible for following standards put in place by VITRO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and finalize designs using the appropriate software while ensuring job accuracy
- Suggest and apply image and layout improvements
- Follow set production standards and specifications and ensure deadlines are met
- Stay within budget on all work and raise awareness if you think you might go over
- Knowledge of current production and graphic design trends, retouching techniques, software, and pre-press requirements
- Ability to work on several jobs with little supervision
- Archiving and updating graphic files.
- Work closely with the entire production department and may need to attend client meetings.
- Solve problems with producers, team members, and others from creative department
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- High School diploma. Certificate, AA, or BA a plus but not required.
- Adobe software products, primarily Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Experience proofing, preparing and press checking files
- Minimum 3 years as a production artist with packaging experience
- Basic office skills using Outlook or Word.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-orientated, fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and solid communication
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.