The Media Planner is a core member of the Media Department, within the awesome Ad Agency that is VITRO. Vitro is a full-service agency, and this department is a group of forward-thinking, creative media experts who get the most out of our agencies ideas. As media planner, you are an integral part of identifying the best mix of media channels to deliver our ideas to the target audience in powerful ways.
As a Media Planner at VITRO, you will discuss advertising strategy with our clients, analyze and research the target audience’s character, and advise our creative team and our clients about the most effective media combination and present media proposals. You will do all of this under the guidance of your Associate Media Director and with the support of a media coordinator.
Most importantly, you believe in doing great work. You have the drive to help build great brands. You are passionate about advertising and want to surround yourself with people who love what they do. You are ready to have an opinion, to do new, interesting work and generally kick ass.
- Working knowledge of both traditional and digital/social media channels.
- Work with clients and internally to understand the client’s business objectives and advertising strategy.
- Undertake research and analyzing data using industry resources, such as Simmons and Nielsen.
- Identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviors and media habits
- Develop holistic and integrated media strategy to deliver on brand and business needs, partnering closely with marketing and advertising and consumer insights leaders..
- Establish KPIs and deliver insightful reports, while optimizing media for performance.
- Make informed decisions on the best media mix for specific clients and campaigns.
- Prepare proposals and create media plans and presentations.
- Negotiate, buy, and steward Digital, Social Media, SEM, OOH, TV, Radio and Print media. Traffic digital campaigns through a third-party ad server, Doubleclick, as well as social campaigns through their Ad Platforms.
- Make and maintain good relationships with media vendors.
- Manage media activations and added value.
- Manage budgets and maintain detailed client and vendor spend records.
- Optimize and evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns via DoubleClick and/or Google Analytics in order to inform future campaigns.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Strong communication skills
- An affinity for numbers & a sense of humor
- Cool under pressure
- Inquisitive & proactive
- Ambitious & an appreciation for creativity
- Minimum 3 years of experience in traditional and/or digital media planning and buying at an advertising agency, publisher house or marketing firm.
- Knowledge of DoubleClick ad server, Google Analytics and social platforms
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Keynote also a plus)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.