The Social Media Director is responsible for ensuring Vitro’s social media clients are set up with a sound social strategy that supports the brand and achieves key brand and communications objectives. You are responsible for ensuring social media processes are running smoothly and that creative outputs align with the social strategy. Our Social Media Director is a self-starter who can ensure our brands evolve with the modern social landscape, while growing our social capabilities and revenue at Vitro.
You will work closely with clients and internal teams to develop the social strategy for brands. This strategy should build from the brand strategy and communications plan, and include outputs such as social tone of voice, point of view, content approach and channel strategy. It guides the creative teams in their creative development and forms the structure for how we will communicate in the social space.
The Social Media Director is responsible for ensuring the creative outputs align with the intended strategy. You will work closely with creatives to give feedback on ideas and help ideate, yourself. You will need to ensure our content can come to life within our budgets and time-frames, and will have high-level oversight over the social production process. You are expected to guide these teams towards breakthrough content that achieves KPIs.
The Social Media Director is also responsible for delivering insightful performance analysis and listening reports. You are expected to use our learning model to optimize our performance moving forward.
- Develop social strategies that include objectives, tone, content plans, channel plans and KPIs
- Write social briefs and guide creative development
- Be the face of the agency’s social capabilities, developing strong client relationships
- Build strong internal relationships and work cohesively with cross-functional teams
- Bring social thought leadership to the agency
- Aid in growing social business with current and prospective clients
- Social media reporting and analysis
- Attending and aiding in social content production
- Research and stay on top of new social platforms, trends and best-in-class example/case studies
- Developing and managing a team to support the range of client needs within the realm of social media
- 8+ years agency experience
- 5+ years social media experience
- Skills & experience in:
- Developing quality presentations
- Client communication and presentation
- Social media dashboards, reporting and identifying key insights
- Developing strong relationships with teammates, partner agencies and clients
- Ability to juggle multiple accounts and projects
- Hands-on, intimate knowledge of all major social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, and Pinterest
- Knowledge of other major digital platform such as YouTube, Spotify, and Amazon is preferred
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.