The Director of Media is a leader in the Communications Department, a specialized group within the awesome Ad Agency that is VITRO. This cross-functional department is made up of Communications Planning, Digital Strategy, Media Planning and Buying, Analytics, Search and Social as we create marketing solutions for our clients across paid, owned and earned channels. You are an integral part of overseeing, directing and fronting our Media deliverables, especially to senior clients and will be the top dog in a team of over ten+ media experts. We are looking for a strategic media leader who is passionate about the people they work with and has a fierce understanding and point of view about media and marketing solutions.
• A thorough and strategic understanding of the media landscape and dynamics of large-scale media investments across digital, broadcast, video, audio, social, SEM, mobile, traditional, etc.
• A key player in defining and evolving VITRO’s media capabilities as it pertains to agency growth.
• Optimizes resource management, manages team performance evaluation process, collaborates on operational enhancements, and strategic partner development
• Develop, maintain and grow client relationships, as well as cultivating new business.
• Relationship management with senior clients including proactive thinking and managing expectations.
• Strong skills as a manager with ability to lead, mentor, coach, and support media teams inclusive of Associate Directors, Supervisors, Sr. Planners, Planners and Coordinators
• Experiences in championing the development and adoption of new processes
• Encourages an environment of collaboration and entrepreneurship
• Active involvement in new business prospecting, working closely with business development and account teams to drive development of client acquisition
• Actively involved in the education of teams on media landscape trends, capabilities and best practices.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
• Strategic & creative
• Thinks on his/her feet
• Excellent communication skills
• An affinity for numbers & a sense of humor
• Cool under pressure
• Minimum 10+ years of experience in media
• Minimum of 5+ years overall work experience in related management position
• Familiarity with syndicated research tools
• BA/BS from accredited school required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.