We’re VITRO with offices in San Diego and Austin.
We impact commerce through well-crafted ideas, and we’ve been doing it for more than 29 years. Working at an agency old enough to drink has its advantages – namely, that we know exactly what we’re here to do, which is to create change. We change consumer perceptions, change customer behavior, and change culture at large. Because, by doing so, we change our clients’ businesses and their place in the market.
VITRO was founded in sunny San Diego, and maybe growing up so close to the ocean has helped us maintain a certain vibe and culture. We believe in having fun because perpetual optimism is a force multiplier. We believe in courage because true creativity isn’t afraid to stand up and be counted. And we believe in integrity because building trust creates high performing teams. And, while it’s possible to fail by yourself, success requires teamwork.
VITRO is looking for a designer who can demonstrate passion, pride, and craft with a mature and positive attitude in a fast-paced agency environment. A lack of agency experience will be considered if the candidate can demonstrate a maturity, passion, and desire. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with senior designers, the Design Director, and others across multiple agency disciplines, to develop smart, strategic creative that consistently gets noticed and changes consumer behavior.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a broad skill set and full understanding of the creative industry.
- Strong foundation of design fundamentals – including the entire Adobe Suite of programs.
- Have a general understanding of corporate identity, packaging design, retail, digital, POS and branded workplace environments.
- Experience with motion graphics and a working knowledge of the web is a plus
- Have a general understanding of photography and illustration styles and approaches.
What does success look like?
- Consistently develop and present smart, break through creative that is conceptually rooted in sound strategy and executed with craft and detail in a fresh and unexpected way.
- Must be motivated, organized, and with a keen attention to detail
- Express curious and an eagerness to learn.
Education/Skills: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as graphic design, advertising design, fine arts or marketing. Associate degree with experience considered.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.