The Associate Media Director is a senior member of the Media Department at Vitro, a mid-size, award-winning, 27-year-old agency in beautiful San Diego that has twice made the Ad Age Top Ten. We are a full-service agency who believes in entrepreneurial spirit, a “no-ceiling” approach to growth, and the relentless pursuit of great work. The Media department is a group of forward-thinking, creative media experts who get behind our agencies ideas. As an Associate Media Director, you are charged with leading a group of accounts in effective and powerful communications strategies and integrated media plans.
An Associate Media Director at VITRO interfaces with senior clients on a consistent basis. They work from a business problem, and, through research and data, develop the solution for how the brand goes to market. They guide their teams in executing media in ways that break through the clutter, make our creative ideas more powerful, and make us proud as an agency. They also are a key player in New Business efforts, including presenting in a compelling and impressive manner.
Most importantly, this employee must believe in doing great work. They must have the drive to help build great brands. They are passionate about advertising and want to surround themselves with people who love what they do. They are ready to have an opinion, to do new, interesting work and generally kick ass. And hopefully, they love dogs, because we have a ton of them.
- Deliver thought provoking media industry, category and consumer observations in the form of thought leadership
- Guide multiple direct reports and ensure excellence in terms of both process and planning
- Develop strong relationships with clients and internal teams
- Use research to develop target insights that can inform communications planning
- Plan communications against audience mindsets, helping inform both media and creative development
- Develop media briefs for your teams that are inspiring and focused on effectiveness
- Oversee planning on your accounts and ensure alignment with strategy
- Ensure innovation, creativity and learning is embedded within media plans
- Ensure team success and efficiency in terms of plan implementation
- Oversee planning timelines and on-time delivery
- Guide KPI development and measurement approach across all clients
- Develop testing hypotheses and ensure plans are executed to inform future campaigns
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Positive and solutions-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Strong research capabilities
- Cool under pressure
- Inquisitive & proactive
- Passionate with an appreciation for creativity
- Experienced and dynamic presentation capabilities
- 7-10 years of experience in both traditional and digital media
- Highly skilled in terms of research across tools and sources such as Simmons, WARC, Mintel, etc.
- Experience with communications planning and strong collaboration with creative teams
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Keynote also a plus)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.