At VITRO, We Steal Share. We impact commerce through well-crafted ideas, and we’ve been doing it for more than 21 years. Working at an agency old enough to drink has its advantages – namely, that we know exactly what we’re here to do, which is to create change. We change consumer perceptions, change customer behavior, and change the culture at large. Because, by doing so, we change our clients’ businesses and their place in the market.
VITRO was founded in sunny San Diego, and maybe growing up so close to the ocean has helped us maintain a certain vibe and culture. We believe in having fun because perpetual optimism is a force multiplier. We believe in courage because true creativity isn’t afraid to stand up and be counted. And we believe in integrity because building trust creates high performing teams. And, while it’s possible to fail by yourself, success requires teamwork.
VITRO is looking for a Media Planner. The MP will identify the best mix of media channels to deliver an advertising message to our clients’ target audience. Using research data, the MP will consider what is going to be most effective, within the budget allocated and give the clients’ product or service maximum exposure.
As a Media Planner at VITRO, you will discuss advertising strategy with our clients, analyze and research the target audience’s character, and advise our creative team and our clients about the most effective media combination and present media proposals.
As a Media Planner you are responsible for:
• Deep knowledge of both traditional and digital/social media channels and an ability to develop integrated plans that leverage both.
• Work with the clients and the account teams to understand the client’s business objectives and advertising strategy.
• Establish metrics and optimize KPIs and reporting.
• Make decisions on the best media mix for specific clients and campaigns.
• Undertake research and analyzing data using industry resources, such as Simmons and Nielsen.
• Identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviors and media habits.
• Develop holistic and integrated media strategy to deliver on brand and business needs, partnering closely with marketing and advertising and consumer insights leaders.
• Prepare proposals and create media plans and presentations.
• Negotiate, buy, and steward Digital, Social Media, SEM, OOH, TV, Radio and Print media. Traffic digital campaigns through a third-party ad server, such as Doubleclick.
• Make and maintain good relationships with media vendors.
• Manage media activations and added value.
• Manage budgets and maintain detailed client and vendor spend records.
• Optimize and evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns via DoubleClick and/or Google Analytics in order to inform future campaigns.
• Drive media innovation across VITRO businesses. Identify and deliver on opportunities to embed best practices, incorporate industry trends and latest thinking.
Minimum 1 year of experience in traditional and/or digital media planning and buying at an advertising agency, publisher house or marketing firm. Knowledge of DoubleClick ad server and Google Analytics a plus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.