VITRO is looking for a temporary FT accounts payable (AP) specialist to cover a maternity leave through March 30, 2018. The position is part of a 4-person team and may be asked to work with individuals at all levels of the company, including management staff that must authorize payments. The specialist will also work with vendors and is the first point of contact if there is a question about an invoice or their timely receipt of payment. The work is an office setting, with no outdoor work or travel, during standard business hours: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
• Responsible for sorting documents by general ledger account number – or – client job number, and processes invoices for payment.
• Researches vendor invoice discrepancies and works closely with account leads to resolution.
• Ensures that all invoices are timely, consistently and accurately posted to the general ledger.
• Runs A/P aging bi-weekly & performs analytics.
• Generates bi-weekly check runs.
• Monitors A/P inbox on a daily basis.
• Reviews all vendor statements of account.
• Establishes solid working relationships with vendors.
• Establishing new vendors in the financial system.
• Responsible for accurate record keeping of all vendor W9 forms.
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of 1099’s.
• Performs other clerical and administrative duties as assigned.
A solid understanding of general accounting procedures. Must possess attention to detail, experience in bookkeeping or accounts payable, and strong written and oral communications skills. They should be familiar with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. They should also be able to speak with vendors in a friendly and professional manner.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.